Are you passionate about Data Science and Software Engineering? Do you want to grow your career as leader of a team that is passionate about open source software and working on complex client problems?
Do you have the technical chops with a dash of the soft skills to make an engine of top-notch data scientists hum like a well-tuned machine?
We are looking for a superb technical leader to help us continue grow makepath into an elite data science shop.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in Data Science, with at least 6 years of experience, and be passionate about clean code and teamwork.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering, Physical sciences, Mathematics or Statistics, is preferred; extensive academic and/or industry experience is mandatory.
- Proven leadership ability managing high-performing teams
- Ability to develop machine learning applications/models according to requirements from our Data Science team
- Fluency in Python 3
- Fluency in using the Scientific Python stack with technologies like NumPy, Pandas, Keras/TensorFlow, PyTorch, SciKit-Learn
- Advanced analytics in Spark, Hadoop and Hive;
- Ability to assess and improve ML model accuracy
- Ability to express technical details in documentation
- Familiarity with Git and Linux
- M.S. / Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, or Machine Learning
- Contribution to Open Source libraries within the Python / PyData ecosystem
Research & Development Areas:
- Data visualization
- Artificial Intelligence
- Teamwork. Developing software for our clients means continuous interaction with other members of the makepath team and considering client input and requirements.
- Communication. As a remote job, good virtual communication is essential for a good relationship with other team members.
- Be detail-oriented. Yes, we are design-driven and want the perfect pixel! Without giving up agility, of course.
- Creativity. 'Out of the box' thinking results in innovative solutions for our customers' problems.
- Problem-solving. Keep an open mind to learn all the time.
- Ownership and proactivity. You have full autonomy to think of solutions, as long as they are delivered with responsibility and organization.