makepath is changing the way companies and their customers look at their geospatial data. By applying data science to huge, diverse data sets and considering state-of-the-art data visualization design, we build great applications for a growing number of companies. We are also passionate about the open-source ecosystem, and we actively contribute to many ongoing projects.
If you like the startup vibe where you can wear many hats and you are comfortable doing 100% remote work on a team that spans the globe;
If you like to get your hands dirty on projects that have a national projection on the largest market in the world;
If your English is good enough for technical conversations and your knowledge to make value out of data is very sharp, we want to talk to you!
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will:
- Work closely to our Data Scientists to build data science models to transform our customers' data sets into products.
- Build machine learning methodologies and improve them constantly by developing and testing model enhancements.
- Write technical documentation that communicates clearly to stakeholders and engineers.
- Assist in the definition of data science models and follow the decisions concerning the architecture.
- Be a team player: by helping other engineers to solve day-to-day problems.
- You must be comfortable participating in team and client meetings in English.
- You must have excellent knowledge and skills in Data Science, with at least 4 years of experience, and be passionate about clean code and teamwork.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering, Physical sciences, Mathematics or Statistics, is preferred; extensive academic and/or industry experience is mandatory.
- We offer flexible work hours, but you are expected to be available for meetings and general interactions from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm ("Central US Time Zone)
Must have skills
- Be able to develop machine learning applications/models according to requirements from our Data Science team
- Fluency in Python 3
- Proficiency with C/C++
- Fluency in using the Scientific Python stack with technologies like NumPy, Pandas, Keras/TensorFlow, PyTorch, SciKit-Learn
- Advanced analytics in Spark, Hadoop and Hive;
- Ability to assess and improve ML model accuracy
- Ability to express technical details in documentation
- Familiarity with Git and Linux
- M.S. / Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, or Machine Learning
- Contribution to Open Source libraries within the Python / PyData ecosystem
Research & Development Areas:
- Data visualization
- Artificial Intelligence
If you want to learn more about working with us, we wrote a blog post titled: Why Work at makepath?
makepath is a Spatial Data Science and AI firm that specializes in using and building Open Source tools.
We are passionate about the open-source ecosystem and actively contribute to many ongoing projects and libraries.
We embrace a fully-remote company culture. We also value face-to-face connections and travel to meet with clients and team members as needed.